The following is a list of softwares that are a must have for my laptop, phone or tablet.
- DropBox – Gone are the days when I had to back up my documents just incase I lost my laptop, dropbox has solved that problem, all my files are stored in the cloud, and when I change computers all I have to do is download dropbox, sign in and all my files are restored within their original folders.
- Cloudy Calculator – This is a very nifty calculator, I never knew it existed until I met the very famous PG – Cloudy calculator is a chrome addition, it sticks at the top of your browser and used inside your browser. Read the rest of this entry »
In my early 20′s I was extra “spiritual” and had some extra spiritual friend who are still very good friends today, this particular lady from Western Kenya was serious and very deep kind, one day she had a dream that I would marry a girl called ….. Philomena… that sort of evokes a certain image depending on where you grew up. Now… truth be told, At that the early age of 23/24 you want to date and marry a really hot girl with a jisty name like Angelina Jolie … and lets be honest .. Philo.. just does not cut it…. so I definitely was not for that plan and I was not amused by her revelations and dreams at all…
Today while driving to work I thought about Philomena…
Philomena….. if you are out there and still single… its not because your prayers were not heard… its because of my rebellion …. and the damn name…
When I started writting this blog, I had allot of things to say, actually most of the time am the kind of dude who has allot of things to say… halfway, I forgot everything I wanted to blog about.
T hats how long it has been since I last blogged, I used to love blogging and now I miss it, I am forced to go back and read my own blog posts, am entertained by the adventures I have had in my life.
Its 17 months since my Co-founder @toneendungu and I started a consulting company (Nailab Ltd) we have blogged less and been stressed more, consulting is a tough job, forced to read a lot, listen and figure out complex problems and travel a lot, being away from family and your comfort zone, this is my 3 or is it 5th company the first having flopped/closed down because I went on honeymoon . .. don’t laugh..
It seems that the more we give free consulting work the more opportunities we get to network and meet very interesting people who are likely to offer better partnership deals, the most rewarding role is building the Nailab Incubation (a partnership between the Nailab Ltd & 1% club), I almost forgot, its also 2 years plus since we started the show tech Tuesday on 93.3 Hope FM, I was thinking about it the other day, waking up at 5:30 to make it to the Studio at 7 was my biggest challenge, <- we talk about that another time but this is one of the best free consulting job I have.
18 months 41 formal pitches and over 150 “informal pitches” (i.e elevator pitches)…. I can assure you, startup business is fun but not for the weak… so I promised you on air that I will start blogging again… when I stop, please remind me.
Glad to be back on Radio – so tune in on Tuesdays at 7:30 for Tech Tuesday.
Ok, you’ve been hearing a lot about Startup Weekend lately…But maybe you aren’t still convinced as to WHY you should come…What’s in it for me, you ask? Well, allow me:
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning. At Startup Weekend Nairobi, you will get a chance to learn a new skill, programming or business language. Even more cool, your mindset and approach to life and business will change.
- Enlarged network: Many other likeminded entrepreneurs will be attending this weekend. So it’s a safe bet that you will interact with other driven entrepreneurs who may be able to offer something new to your business, or in turn, give you the opportunity to offer them something in return.
- Learn how to launch a business: You’ve probably been sitting on your business idea for so long, and wondering how to move it to the next level. Usually, Startup Weekend focuses on techies. But in Startup Weekend Nairobi, we have opened it up to entrepreneurs in a variety of fields- IT, agribusiness, communications, science & technology. Remember that many business problems have a potential technology solution. During this weekend, you will have 54 hours to revolutionize your idea and move it to the next level… why would you want to miss that?
- Get face time with local and international mentors: No one is in a better position to help you than entrepreneurs who have tried (and sometimes failed) different business ventures. These are the kind of people that we are bringing to you during Startup Weekend Nairobi. The mentors, speakers, volunteers and judges that we have are seasoned entrepreneurs and will offer you invaluable advice and insight, something that you would probably have to pay heftily for.
- Get access to valuable start-up resources: The winning teams will not only get a cash prize, but also incubation in some of the top business incubators in Nairobi. A business incubator will offer you business support, helpful seminars and workshops, office space, & free internet access and a chance to interact with potential investors.
If you are still not convinced, I don’t know what will. Grab your ticket now…don’t miss out on the chance of a lifetime.