Last week we reviewed the problem and come up with a solution, this step is very relevant because it enable’s you to understand your online objectives, without being technical James knows what his website requires and the web designers know what is expected of them, so you can now go to www.jamesokumu.com and see what we call a holding, the next step is to come up with the visual design, we are talking colors, and the aesthetics. The look and feel. Those images will be available here shortly.
What is a Blog
We have different types of websites, ecommerce websites, news websites, search engines, blogs and basically corporate websites, so a blog is a website.
Unlike the rest, a blog is a personal journal, it has been defined as a place where you share your personal thoughts, and blogger.com defines it as a daily pulpit so in essence it does fit exactly what James needs.
Features of a Blog
- A blog organizes information in a chronological manner with the latest post being posted onto, old blogs are archived as per the date, and you can use a calendar to access old blogs
- A blog allows comments to be posted so it’s not a monologue but a dialogue a conversation between the writer, and the readers, and also among the readers
- Another function is that we can load video and audio among other content on the same blog for people to view.
- A content management system is a collection of tools and scripts designed to allow the creation, modification, organization and removal of information from a website. Using a CMS requires an user to have no HTML or coding knowledge to get started
Reasons we choose a blog
- So that the authors at hope can publish the materials themselves
- It’s easier to work develop and set up than standard websites and the engine can be downloaded free
- It has more credibility than a website since the users have direct contact with the author
- You can use it to promote a corporate website – Basically a blog is a good stepping stone to a website
So if you’re a tech , you like writing, a pastor, journalist, or just a student out there you might want to get a blog to have a wider reach.
How much does a blog cost to set up?
There are two approaches to getting your own blog, one is an individual hosted blog the other is hosted by the blog companies, you can get one from blogger.com or wordpress.com and you will have an extension, yourname.wordpress.com, a hosted solution will be www.yourname.com, more on this as we compare the two solutions.
Cost estimates for your own solution i.e www.yourname.com
- Domain registration /Hosting – from 2500 to 12000 – You can buy a package for 2500 from www.ideasafrica.com
- Design of a personal blog – 25,000/=
- Training – 5,000/=
Ideasafrica.com is offering a blog solution for only Kshs 20,000 all inclusive, limited offer.
Powered by Facebook Comments