Need a Reason to attend Startup Weekend Nairobi?
Ok, you’ve been hearing a lot about Startup Weekend lately…But maybe you aren’t still convinced as to WHY you should come…What’s in it for me, you ask? Well, allow me:
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning. At Startup Weekend Nairobi, you will get a chance to learn a new skill, programming or business language. Even more cool, your mindset and approach to life and business will change.
- Enlarged network: Many other likeminded entrepreneurs will be attending this weekend. So it’s a safe bet that you will interact with other driven entrepreneurs who may be able to offer something new to your business, or in turn, give you the opportunity to offer them something in return.
- Learn how to launch a business: You’ve probably been sitting on your business idea for so long, and wondering how to move it to the next level. Usually, Startup Weekend focuses on techies. But in Startup Weekend Nairobi, we have opened it up to entrepreneurs in a variety of fields- IT, agribusiness, communications, science & technology. Remember that many business problems have a potential technology solution. During this weekend, you will have 54 hours to revolutionize your idea and move it to the next level… why would you want to miss that?
- Get face time with local and international mentors: No one is in a better position to help you than entrepreneurs who have tried (and sometimes failed) different business ventures. These are the kind of people that we are bringing to you during Startup Weekend Nairobi. The mentors, speakers, volunteers and judges that we have are seasoned entrepreneurs and will offer you invaluable advice and insight, something that you would probably have to pay heftily for.
- Get access to valuable start-up resources: The winning teams will not only get a cash prize, but also incubation in some of the top business incubators in Nairobi. A business incubator will offer you business support, helpful seminars and workshops, office space, & free internet access and a chance to interact with potential investors.
If you are still not convinced, I don’t know what will. Grab your ticket now…don’t miss out on the chance of a lifetime.
Powered by Facebook Comments